ASHE and MDE host MDE’s Dam Safety Workshop
Join your colleagues to earn 6 PDHs during a daylong Dam Safety Workshop, presented by MDE, Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at the Engineers Club in Baltimore.
Your reservation is due by noon, Monday, July 15, 2019. Register early since only 100 attendees will be accommodated.
Register Now! ($40 for ASHE members and $60 for non-members.)
8:00 AM – Check-In and Breakfast
9:00 AM – Session 1 – Background
- Dam safety background
- Laws and regulations requiring breach analysis
- Fundamentals of hazards associated with moving waters
- Case studies of dam breaches
10:00 AM – Session 2 – Breaking down the Guidance Document
- What’s in it?
- What’s new and what has been revised?
11:00 AM – Session 3 – Example
- Work through a full incremental dam breach analysis
12:00 PM – Lunch
1:00 PM – Session 4 – Example
- Work through a few simplified breach analyses
2:00 PM – Session 5 – Example
- Work through several “screening level” breach analyses
3:00 PM – Session 6 – Summary
- Open forum for questions and discussion
Bring a laptop with charger which may facilitate following along and learning during the technical sessions.
If you have any questions and/or special dietary needs, then please e-mail Gregg Iskra at Gregg.Iskra@wsp.com.